Digitpol – email, Phonecalls / Telegram / Whatsapp / Facebook / Fraudster - Imposter Alert
Fake Letter - False Contract - NOT SENT BY DIGITPOL
Digitpol has received a report from a member of the public that an imposter / fraudster is posing as a Digitpol agent by phone, email and on social media.
- Digitpol advises the public that there is no Digitpol agents using Phone calls, emails, Telegram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Signal or any apps to make contact
- Digitpol will never ask for money on email, phone, Telegram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Signal or any apps
- Digitpol will never contact persons offering services on email, phone, Telegram, Whatsapp, Facebook, Signal or any apps
- Digitpol will never call or contact people. If your contacted by someone claiming to be a Digitpol staff member, it is false.
- Imposters will try everything to trick people, they may use a domain name similar to DIGITPOL such as "digitpool" or "digipol" or other domains with a different structure.
- If you receive an invoice requesting payment from a company that sounds like us – don’t pay! Always check first and we can tell you that we do not send out invoices to people or request payment, so if you received a contract or similar, its false. Do Not Pay!
If you receive a call or email or any contact from a person claiming to be a Digitpol agent, please do not engage with the caller. Digitpol will never call or contact people.
View the alert of the fake contract on EUIPO site: euipo.europa.eu Alert
Fraudsters are everywhere, be alert and be safe on the Internet.